China successfully launches largest carrier rocket Long March-5
Posted on : 30 Dec 2019Views: 381
- China has successfully launched the largest carrier rocket of the country, Long March-5, from Wenchang Space Launch Center in south China's Hainan Province.
- The rocket, also known as CZ-5, blasted off with more than 1,000 tonnes of thrust.
- The Chinese space authorities declared the mission a "complete success" just over half an hour after the lift-off when the Shijian-20 satellite it carried entered its designated orbit. It is the country's third attempt to launch the rocket.
- The first attempt was made in 2016. However, during the first attempt, the rocket failed to reach the speed required for the early phase of the flight. The second attempt also failed.
- The Long March-5, China's most powerful rocket and a critical ingredient in the nation's ambitious space programme, can carry a maximum payload of 25 tonnes into low Earth orbit and 14 tonnes into geosynchronous orbit.
- The successful launch is a major step forward for its planned mission to Mars in 2020.
Article Related Questions
Consider the following statements
1.Japan has successfully launched the largest carrier rocket of the country, Long March-5.
2.The successful launch is a major step forward for its planned mission to Mars in 2020.
Which of the following statements is/are correct?
3.Both 1 and 2
4.Neither 1 nor 2
Right Ans : 2 only