Climate Emergency CoP 25: Climatic tipping point is closer than we think
Posted on : 19 Dec 2019Views: 621
- The 2019 United Nations Climate Change Conference, also known as COP25, is the 25th United Nations Climate Change conference.
- It was held in Madrid, Spain, under the presidency of the Chilean government.
- The conference incorporates the 25th Conference of the Parties to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), the 15th meeting of the parties for the Kyoto Protocol (CMP15), and the second meeting of the parties for the Paris Agreement.
It calls on governments to:
- Increase implementation across all thematic areas to realize multiple benefits;
- Create the conditions needed for non-Party action;
- Continue and strengthen the Global Climate Action agenda within the UNFCCC process post- 2020;
- Align finance flows with finance needs, and;
- Strengthen the completeness and robustness of the reporting of results from climate action.
Article Related Questions
The 2019 United Nations Climate Change Conference, also known as COP25, is been held at which place?
Right Ans : Madrid