Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-in)
Posted on : 12 Dec 2019Views: 165
- Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-in) was established in January 2004.
- The main function of CERT-In is to provide early security warning and effective incident response.
- It operates on 24 x 7 basis and is actively engaging its users with early warning alerts and advisories.
- It is aimed at catering to the needs of critical sectors, defence, banks, law enforcement & judiciary and e-governance project owners.
- In the Information Technology (Amendment) Act 2008, CERT-In has been designated to serve as the national agency to perform the functions in the area of cyber security.
- CERT-In has taken steps to implement National Information Security Assurance Programme (NISAP) to create awareness in government and critical sector organisations.
Article Related Questions
Recently, an Israeli spyware ‘Pegasus’ carried out unauthorized surveillance via social media app, Whatsapp. Which of the following government organization is mandated to deal with such an issue?
The 1857 Uprising was the culmination of the recurrent big and small local rebellions that occured in the preceding hundred years of British Rule. Elucidate (Answer in 150 words) - 2019 Mains
1.Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-in)
2.National Safety Council (NSC)
3.Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI)
4.Telemetry, Tracking and Command Network (ISTRAC)
Right Ans : Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-in)