Cooperative banks in India
Posted on : 05 Mar 2020Views: 564
- Union Cabinet has approved to bring regulation of cooperative banks under Reserve Bank of India. In order to achieve this, the Cabinet approved amendments to Banking regulation act.
- Govt has introduced Bill in Lok Sabha for cooperative banks to avoid PMC bank-like crisis
Article Related Questions
Which of the following statements is/are correct with respect to Cooperative banks in India?
1. The Banking Regulation (Amendment) Bill, 2020 is intended to regulate 1,540 cooperative banks with total deposit of savings of Rs 5 lakh crores.
2. Cooperative banks in India have 8.6 lakh account holders.
3. Cooperative banks are currently under the dual control of the Registrar of Cooperative Societies and RBI.
Choose the correct options:
3.Both 1 and 2
4.1, 2 and 3
Right Ans : 1, 2 and 3