Posted on : 05 Feb 2020Views: 938
- It is also called the Wuhan Virus.
- The first cases emerged in Wuhan in central China’s Hubei province.
- A large number of patients with unexplained pneumonia were observed.
- A coronavirus is a kind of common virus that causes an infection in your nose, sinuses, or upper throat. Most coronaviruses are not dangerous.
- Often a coronavirus causes upper respiratory infection symptoms like a stuffy nose, cough, and sore throat.
- The coronavirus can also cause middle ear infections in children.
- Coronavirus can infect both animals and humans.
- China's death toll from the coronavirus epidemic hit 361, with deepening global concern about the outbreak and governments closing their borders to people from China.
- The fresh toll came a day after China imposed a lockdown on a major city far from the epicentre and the first fatality outside the country was reported in the Philippines.
- Struggling to contain the virus, authorities took action in the eastern city of Wenzhou on Sunday, closing roads and confining people to their homes.
- Since emerging out of Wuhan late last year, the new coronavirus has infected more than 17,200 people across China and reached 24 nations.
- The G7 countries — Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States — have all confirmed cases of the virus.
- Most of the infections overseas have been detected in people who travelled from Wuhan.
- The United States, Australia, New Zealand and Israel have banned foreign nationals from visiting if they have been in China recently, and they have also warned their own citizens against travelling there.
- Mongolia, Russia and Nepal have closed their land borders.
Article Related Questions
With reference to Corona Virus, consider the following statements
1.All The G7 countries have confirmed cases of the virus.
2.Mongolia, Russia and Nepal have closed their land borders.
3.Coronavirus can infect only animals and not humans.
Which of the following statement is/are correct?
1.1 and 2 only
2.2 and 3 only
3.1 and 3 only
4.1, 2 and 3
Right Ans : 1 and 2 only