Dakshina Bharat Hindi Prachar Sabha
Posted on : 27 Jan 2020Views: 415
- "Dakshina Bharat Hindi Prachar Sabha" was established in the year 1918 by Mahatma Gandhi with the sole aim of propagating Hindi in southern states. The first Pracharak was none other than Devadoss Gandhi son of Mahatma Gandhi.
- "Hindi Prachar" was a movement that emerged as part of Freedom Movement and the leaders who led the nation to "FREE INDIA" felt the necessity of making a single Indian Language the National Language and through that language unifies the people and thereby intensify National Integration.
- 1927 saw the emergence of Dakshina Bharat Hindi Prachar Sabha as an independent organization and Mahatma Gandhi was its President till he breathed his last.
- It was declared by Parliament as an Institution of National Importance by an act in 1964.
- The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind recently, unveiled a statue of Mahatma Gandhi at the Dakshina Bharat Hindi Prachar Sabha in Chennai.
Article Related Questions
Consider the following statements regarding the Dakshina Bharat Hindi Prachar Sabha, seen in news recently
1.It was set up in 1918 by Madan Mohan Malaviya.
2.Its sole aim was to propagate Hindi in the southern states.
3.Mahatma Gandhi was its first President.
Which of the above statements is/are incorrect?
2.1 and 2 only
4.2 and 3 only
Right Ans : 1 only