Earthquake hit the southern Philippine island of Mindanao
Posted on : 16 Dec 2019Views: 258
- A 6.8 magnitude earthquake hit the southern Philippine island of Mindanao on Sunday.
- The Philippines suffers regular tremors as part of the Pacific "Ring of Fire", an arc of intense seismic activity that stretches from Japan through Southeast Asia and across the Pacific basin.
- Three quakes above 6.0 magnitude hit roughly the same area of Mindanao in a matter of weeks in October.
- Mindanao, island, the second largest (after Luzon) in the Philippines, in the southern part of the archipelago, surrounded by the Bohol, Philippine, Celebes, and Sulu seas.
- The island is marked by peninsulas and is heavily indented by the Davao and Moro gulfs in the south and by Iligan Bay in the north.
- Mindanao is a Muslim outpost in the predominantly Roman Catholic Philippines.
- Mindanao also has the largest concentration of ethnic minorities in the Philippines.
Article Related Questions
Recently, Earthquake hit the island of Mindanao, in which country is it located?
Right Ans : Philippine