Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat
Posted on : 23 Dec 2019Views: 328
- In order to facilitate the travel of youth participants of “Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat” program, Indian Railways has decided to grant 50% concession in basic fares of Second/Sleeper Class to
- Youths with earnings/emoluments of not more than Rs.5000/- per month for travelling from one State to another State to take part in ‘Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat’ programme.
- This concession has been granted as a special case and it is admissible only in the normal train services and not for booking of Special Trains/Coaches.
- Certificates will not be issued to those whose travelling expenses are to be borne by the Central or State Government or a local body or statutory or a Corporation or a Government Undertaking or a University.
About Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat
- “Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat” was announced by Hon’ble Prime Minister on 31st October, 2015 on the occasion of the 140th birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
- Through this innovative measure, the knowledge of the culture, traditions and practices of different States & UTs will lead to an enhanced understanding and bonding between the States, thereby strengthening the unity and integrity of India.
- All States and UTs will be covered under the programme. There will be pairing of States/UTs at national level and these pairings will be in effect for one year, or till the next round of pairings.
- The broad objectives of the initiative are as follows:-
- To CELEBRATE the Unity in Diversity of our Nation and to maintain and strengthen the fabric of traditionally existing emotional bonds between the people of our Country;
- PROMOTE the spirit of national integration through a deep and structured engagement between all Indian States and Union Territories through a year-long planned engagement between States;
- To SHOWCASE the rich heritage and culture, customs and traditions of either State for enabling people to understand and appreciate the diversity that is India, thus fostering a sense of common identity;
- TO ESTABLISH long-term engagements and
- TO CREATE an environment which promotes learning between States by sharing best practices and experiences
Article Related Questions
Consider the following statements regarding Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat
1.Aim of this initiative is strengthening the unity and integrity of India.
2.All States and UTs will be covered under the programme.
Which of the following statement is/are correct?
3.Both 1 and 2
4.Neither 1 nor 2
Right Ans : Both 1 and 2