Posted on : 24 Jan 2020Views: 481
- Union Minister of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises inaugurated ELECRAMA 2020, at India Expo Mart in Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh.
- ELECRAMA is the flagship showcase of the Indian electrical industry and a platform to connect the world with Indian industry in respect of technology, new trends and innovation for future energy transition.
- It was organised by industry body IEEMA every two years which is targeting businesses worth Rs 30,000 crore during the five-day event.
- The focus of this year's event is on e-mobility, energy storage, start-ups, grid transformation, and revenue security with special attention on small and medium enterprises (SMEs).
- Now India has become power surplus country and is exporting power.
- Government is revamping energy tariff policy and any subsidy, that has to be given to any category of electricity consumers by the State Governments, should be done through direct benefit transfer scheme.
- Government is coming out with a new trajectory of loss reduction and distribution companies will have to follow this trajectory if they want to get further grants from the Central Government or if they want to access loans from the Power Finance Corporation.
Article Related Questions
Consider the following statements regarding ELECRAMA 2020
1.It is a programme by Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
2.It is the flagship showcase of the Indian electrical industry.
3.The event is organised every two years.
Which of the following statement is/are correct?
1.1 and 2 only
2.2 and 3 only
3.1 and 3 only
4.1, 2 and 3
Right Ans : 2 and 3 only