Facebook launched GOAL or Going Online as Leaders on the occasion of the ET Women Forum
Posted on : 10 Dec 2019Views: 90
- It is a digitally-enabled mentorship initiative of Facebook.
- initiative connects underprivileged young women from tribal areas with senior expert mentors
- It will include weekly one-to-one mentoring sessions, focused on a range of skills such as digital literacy, entrepreneurship, and online safety.
- Project is stated to aim at identifying and mobilizing renowned people from industry (policy makers and influencers), known for their leadership skills or roles, to digitally empower and personally mentor tribal youth from tribal communities across multiple locations of India.
- The initiative has been designed to identify and attach 1 Mentor who is expert in their respective fields, to four tribal youth, who will be trained and mentored.
- Facebook had started a pilot project on its own in March 2019 in 5 states of India i.e. Madhya Pradesh, Jharkhand, West Bengal, Odisha, Maharashtra
- Facebook envisages identifying 5000 tribals from various fields to be mentored by 1250 mentors in 5 years in a phased manner.
- Ministry of Tribal Affairs was not associated with the pilot project implemented by the Facebook.
- The idea is to give young tribal women an opportunity to interact with women who have broken barriers of culture and patriarchy in their ecosystems, even if urban; befriends them as their confidantes; gain confidence from their experiences; and build aspirations of their own.
- Under this programme, 25 urban women leaders, who will hold expertise in their respective domains—from business, education and health to politics, arts and entrepreneurship—will inspire, guide and encourage tribal girls to become digitally enabled, confident and aspirational agents of change for their communities. While DEF will provide the girls with funcational digital literacy.
Article Related Questions
With reference to GOAL (Going Online as Leaders) initiative, consider the following statements
1.It is a digitally-enabled mentorship initiative of Google.
2.Aim is to connect underprivileged young women from tribal areas with senior expert mentors.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
The 1857 Uprising was the culmination of the recurrent big and small local rebellions that occured in the preceding hundred years of British Rule. Elucidate (Answer in 150 words) - 2019 Mains
3.Both 1 and 2
4.Neither 1 nor 2
Right Ans : 2 only