Farmers Science congress
Posted on : 08 Jan 2020Views: 165
- The Farmer’s Science Congress was inaugurated for the first time in the 107 years of history of the Indian Science Congress, highlighting the importance of farmer’s innovations and their scientific validity.
- Farmers from across India presented their scientific and technological innovations in agricultural practices at the First Farmer’s Science Congress.
- Participants from as far as Punjab in the north and Sikkim in the east came together at the Congress and exchanged ideas and opinions on each other’s farming methods and interventions to counter the issues surrounding labour unavailability, crop prices, water management and the impacts of anthropogenic climate change.
- The government was setting up a Farmer Innovation Centre in Delhi where farmers can apply for scientific and technological validation of their innovations.
- A Farmer Innovation Fund will be set up which will provide financial support for carrying forward farmer science and promoting ideas.
- ICAR has developed 56 models of integrated farming, which will be promoted with NABARD by linking them to the Rural Development programmes.
- To reduce the use of pesticides and fertilizers, ICAR are developing Nano fertilizers and nano pesticides to promote organic farming.
- To improve rural bio-economy and attract youth to agriculture, a programme named ARYA is being implemented.
- Experts from the different agriculture sector discussed on three themes;
- Farmers innovation on integrated agriculture and entrepreneurship for doubling farmers income;
- Climate change, bio-diversity, conservation, ecosystem services & farmers empowerment and
- Agrarian distress, rural bio-entrepreneurship and policy issues.
Article Related Questions
With reference to Farmers Science congress consider the following statements
1.It is been held for the very first time since the day of its inauguration.
2.The government is setting up a Farmer Innovation Centre in Uttar Pradesh.
3.A Farmer Innovation Fund will also be set up.
Which of the following statement is/are correct?
The 1857 Uprising was the culmination of the recurrent big and small local rebellions that occured in the preceding hundred years of British Rule. Elucidate (Answer in 150 words) - 2019 Mains
1.1 and 2 only
2.2 and 3 only
3.1 and 3 only
4.1, 2 and 3
Right Ans : 1 and 3 only