FASTag for Vehicle toll collection
Posted on : 16 Dec 2019Views: 852
- FASTags or prepaid rechargeable tags for Vehicle toll collection with automatic payment have come into force. It became mandatory for all vehicles.
- Now the drivers will not have to stop their vehicles at toll plazas to pay tax.
- The National Electronic Toll Collection System was launched to provide for the collection of user fee through FASTag to ensure seamless movement of traffic.
- National Highways Authority of India has equipped all fee plazas with Electronic Toll Collection System.
- A FASTag uses radio frequency identification technology to enable direct toll payments from a moving vehicle.
- If anyone goes into an electronic toll collection lane without a FASTag, he or she has to pay double charges.
Article Related Questions
With reference to FASTag, consider the following statements
1.These are prepaid rechargeable tags for Vehicle toll collection.
2.It is mandatory for the commercial vehicles only.
3.It uses radio frequency identification technology to enable direct toll payments from a moving vehicle.
Which of the following statement is/are correct?
1.1 and 2 only
2.2 and 3 only
3.1 and 3 only
4.1, 2 and 3
Right Ans : 1 and 3 only