Posted on : 28 Jan 2020Views: 721
- On 6 November 2019, the Union Cabinet approved a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Bangladesh on the withdrawal of 1.82 cusecs (cubic feet per second) of water from the Feni River by India for a drinking water supply scheme for Sabroom town in Tripura.
- Feni is a river in south-eastern Bangladesh.
- It is a trans-boundary river which originates in South Tripura district and flows through Sabroom town and then enters Bangladesh.
- The river is navigable by small boats as far as Ramgarh in India, about 80 kilometres (50 mi) upstream.
- There has been no water-sharing agreement between the countries on the Feni previously.
- Muhuri River, also called Little Feni, from Noakhali District joins it near its mouth - right bank tributary.
Article Related Questions
Which of the following statements about Feni River is/are correct?
1.It is a trans-boundary river which originates in Bangladesh and enters India before flowing into Bay of Bengal.
2.Muhuri River is its right bank tributary.
Select the correct answer using the code given below
3.Both 1 and 2
4.Neither 1 nor 2
Right Ans : 2 only