Food Safety and Standards Authority of India
Posted on : 14 Feb 2020Views: 279
- The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India is a statutory body under Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006. The Food Safety and Standards Act (FSS), 2006 is the primary law for regulation of food products. This act also sets up the formulation and enforcement of food safety standards in India. The FSSAI appoints food safety authorities on the state level.
- The FSSAI functions under the administrative control of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- The main aim of FSSAI is to
- Lay down science-based standards for articles of food
- To regulate manufacture, storage, distribution, import and sale of food
- To facilitate safety of food
- Standards framed by FSSAI are prescribed under Food Safety and Standards (Food Product Standards and Food Additives) Regulation, 2011, Food Safety and Standards (Packaging and Labelling) Regulation, 2011 and Food Safety and Standards (Contaminants, Toxins, and Residues) Regulations, 2011.
Article Related Questions
Which of the following functions are performed by Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI)?
1.Helping people to bring behavioral changes to adopt the habit of eating safe and eating right.
2.Regulating the food markets in India.
3.Has no power to set up committees to study the problems in the food regulation and made recommendations
Choose the correct option
3.1 and 2 only
4.1, 2 and 3
Right Ans : 1 and 2 only