Foot and Mouth Disease (FMD) and Brucellosis
Posted on : 04 Jan 2020Views: 80
- These diseases are very common amongst the livestock – cow-bulls, buffaloes, sheep, goats, pigs etc.
- If a cow/buffalo gets infected with FMD, the milk loss is up to 100% which could last for four to six months.
- Further, in case of Brucellosis the milk output reduces by 30%, during the entire life cycle of animal.
- Brucellosis also causes infertility amongst the animals.
- The infection of brucellosis can also be transmitted to the farm workers and livestock owners.
- Both the diseases have a direct negative impact on the trade of milk and other livestock products.
Article Related Questions
Brucellosis, can affect which of the following?
4.All of the above
Right Ans : All of the above