Gandhi Citizenship Education Prize
Posted on : 24 Dec 2019Views: 696
- Portugal announces Gandhi Citizenship Education Prize.
- Portuguese Prime Minister, Antonio Costa has announced that in order to help perpetuate Mahatma Gandhi’s ideals, Portugal will be launching a Gandhi Citizenship Education Prize, each year inspired by his different thoughts and quotes.
- The first edition of this prize will be dedicated to animal welfare as Mahatma Gandhi said that the greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
- In 1974, India and Portugal started their diplomatic relations with a new government in Portugal.
- However, trade relations grew in 1991 as both countries agreed over overseas export of various products from India like carpets, gems, leathers, footwear, coffee, tea, and textiles.
Article Related Questions
Which country recently announced Gandhi Citizenship Education Prize?
Right Ans : Portugal