Global Innovation Index (GII)
Posted on : 01 Jan 2020Views: 855
- India improved its ranking in Global Innovation Index, 2019 by five notches to 52nd position in a survey of innovative capacity among 129 countries by the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO).
- India also outperformed on innovation relative to its GDP per capita for nine consecutive years, only matched by three other countries (Vietnam, Republic of Moldova and Kenya).
- India improved its ranking in 4/7 pillars of GII, such as knowledge and technology outputs (up 11 spots to 32nd), market sophistication (up 3 spots to 33rd), human capital and research (up 3 spots to 53rd), institutions (up 3 spots to 77th). By contrast, in business sophistication (65th), infrastructure (79th), creative outputs (78th), it lost one, two and three spots respectively.
- According to WIPO India’s improvement in the year 2019 is largely due to its relative performance and less so to new GII data or methods.
- India is consistently among the top in the world in innovation drivers such as ICT services exports, Graduates in science & engineering, the quality of universities, Gross capital formation—a measure of economy-wide investments—and creative goods exports.
Article Related Questions
Global Innovation Index is published by?
1.World Economic Forum
2.Human Development Innovation Fund
3.United Nations Conference on Trade and Development
4.World Intellectual Property Organization
Right Ans : World Intellectual Property Organization