Global Liveability Index 2019
- The survey ranks countries across indicators including stability, healthcare, education, infrastructure, culture and environment.
- Vienna in Austria, Melbourne and Sydney in Australia make the top three cities in the list.
- In India, New Delhi and Mumbai rank 118th and 119th out of 140 cities.
- Damascus in Syria, Lagos in Nigeria and Dhaka in Bangladesh rank in the bottom.
- The index assesses which locations around the world provide the best or the worst living conditions. Each factor in a city is rated as acceptable, tolerable, uncomfortable, undesirable or intolerable.
- According to the report deterioration in culture and environment scores is of concern including the quality of air in cities like New Delhi.
- Of the 37 Asian and Australasian cities included in the index, five are among the ten most liveable and six are among the 20 least liveable.