Global Liveability Index 2019
Posted on : 02 Dec 2019Views: 267
- The survey ranks countries across indicators including stability, healthcare, education, infrastructure, culture and environment.
- Vienna in Austria, Melbourne and Sydney in Australia make the top three cities in the list.
- In India, New Delhi and Mumbai rank 118th and 119th out of 140 cities.
- Damascus in Syria, Lagos in Nigeria and Dhaka in Bangladesh rank in the bottom.
- The index assesses which locations around the world provide the best or the worst living conditions. Each factor in a city is rated as acceptable, tolerable, uncomfortable, undesirable or intolerable.
- According to the report deterioration in culture and environment scores is of concern including the quality of air in cities like New Delhi.
- Of the 37 Asian and Australasian cities included in the index, five are among the ten most liveable and six are among the 20 least liveable.
Article Related Questions
“Global Liveability Index 2019” is been released by which of the following organization
3.World Economic Forum
4.Economist Intelligence Unit
Right Ans : Economist Intelligence Unit