Global Potato Conclave-2020
Posted on : 06 Feb 2020Views: 534
- Prime Minister will inaugurate the 3rd Global Potato Conclave-2020 at Gandhinagar in Gujarat.
- The four day Conclave will provide an opportunity to bring all stakeholders at one common platform.
- Netherland is the partner country of this conclave. The four day mega event has three major components; (i) The Potato Conference, (ii) The Agri Expo and (iii) Potato Field Day.
- It is a unique event to expose different stakeholders of the country to the frontiers of knowledge and innovations in potato research. About 100 foreign delegates of 14 different countries are expected to participate in this conclave.
- This conclave is being organized by the Indian Potato Association (IPA) in collaboration with Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), Central Potato Research Institute, Shimla and International Potato Center, Lima, Peru.
- Gujarat is one of the leading producers of Potato in the country. The State also has the best of the cold storage facilities and linkages and is a hub for major potato processing industries in the country.
- In addition most of the potato exporters are also based in Gujarat. These have led to emergence of the state as a major potato hub in the country.
- Potato is the third most important food crop in the world after rice and wheat in term of human consumption.
- Its importance in food and nutritional security of the world had led to official declaration of year 2008 as the International Year of the Potato by the United Nations, which was celebrated internationally with much fanfare and in India also a Global Potato Conference was organized in December 2008 at New Delhi to mark the event.
Article Related Questions
With reference to Global Potato Conclave-2020, consider the following statements
1.It was recently inaugurated in Gujarat.
2.Finland is the partner country of this conclave.
3.Gujarat is one of the leading producers of Potato in the country.
Which of the following statement is/are correct?
1.1 and 2 only
2.2 and 3 only
3.1 and 3 only
4.1, 2 and 3
Right Ans : 1 and 3 only