Global spread of measles infection
Posted on : 07 Feb 2020Views: 850
- Measles is a highly infectious illness caused by the rubeola virus.
- It remains an important cause of death among young children globally, despite the availability of a safe and effective vaccine.
- If measles enters an area where the people have never been exposed, the result can be devastating.
- Severe measles is more likely among poorly nourished young children, especially those with insufficient vitamin A, or whose immune systems have been weakened by HIV/AIDS or other diseases.
- Measles is a highly infectious condition
- Scientists have identified 21 strains of the measles virus
- Symptoms of measles can include watery eyes, sneezing, and a dry hacking cough
- There is no specific treatment for measles. Prevention is better than cure
- Pregnant women should not take the vaccine
Article Related Questions
Consider the following statements regarding Global spread of Measles infection
1.Measles is a highly infectious illness caused by the rubeola virus
2.It is especially vulnerable to those with insufficient vitamin A
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
3.Both 1 and 2
4.Neither 1 nor 2
Right Ans : Both 1 and 2