Global Terrorism Index
Posted on : 29 Jan 2020Views: 222
- The yearly Global Terrorism Index, developed by the Institute for Economics & Peace, is based on the Global Terrorism Database by the National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism (START) as well as other sources, and provides the most comprehensive resource on global terrorism trends.
- The report provides a comprehensive summary of the key global trends and patterns in terrorism over the last 50 years, covering the period from the beginning of 1970 to the end of 2018, and placing a special emphasis on trends since 2014, which corresponds with the start of the fall of Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL).
Institute for Economics & Peace
- The Institute for Economics & Peace (IEP) is an independent, non-partisan, non-profit think tank dedicated to shifting the world’s focus to peace as a positive, achievable, and tangible measure of human wellbeing and progress.
- IEP achieves its goals by developing new conceptual frameworks to define peacefulness, providing metrics for measuring peace and uncovering the relationships between business, peace and prosperity, as well as promoting a better understanding of the cultural, economic and political factors that create peace.
- IEP is headquartered in Sydney, with offices in New York, The Hague, Mexico City, Brussels and Harare. It works with a wide range of partners internationally and collaborates with intergovernmental organizations on measuring and communicating the economic value of peace.
Article Related Questions
Global Terrorism Index is released by
1.United Nations Office on Counter-Terrorism
2.International Institute for Counter-Terrorism (ICT)
3.Institute for Economics & Peace
4.Global Peace Foundation
Right Ans : Institute for Economics & Peace