Good Governance Index
Posted on : 31 Jan 2020Views: 295
- The rankings were launched by the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances, and the Centre for Good Governance.
- Tamil Nadu topped the Good Governance Index. Maharashtra, Karnataka, Chhattisgarh and Andhra Pradesh followed among the ‘Big States’.
- Among the ‘Big States’, the poor performers are Odisha, Bihar, Goa, and Uttar Pradesh with Jharkhand coming last.
- The States and UTs are divided into three groups — Big States, North-East and Hill States, and Union Territories.
- Puducherry is the best governed Union Territory followed by Chandigarh and Delhi. Lakshwadeep is the worst performing UT.
- In the agriculture and allied ranking, Madhya Pradesh, Mizoram and Daman and Diu are the best performing States in their groups.
- While assessing the performance of commerce and industries across States, Jharkhand, Uttarakhand and Delhi top the lists of their groups.
Article Related Questions
With reference to Good Governance Index, consider the following statements
1.It was launched by NITI Aayog.
2.Tamil Nadu topped the Good Governance Index.
Choose the correct option from the following
3.Both 1 and 2
4.Neither 1 nor 2
Right Ans : 2 only