Posted on : 04 Dec 2019Views: 1080
- Military contingents from India and China will take part in 8th India-China joint training exercise in Meghalaya this month.
- Titled ‘Hand In Hand 2019’, the theme of the exercise will be “counter terrorism” under United Nations mandate and would be conducted at Umroi in Meghalaya from December 7 to December 20.
- The Chinese contingent from the Tibet military command comprising 130 personnel and the Indian contingent of similar strength will participate in the 14-day long exercise.
- The aim of the exercise is to practice joint planning and conduct of counter terrorist operation in semi urban terrain.
- Two tactical exercises are scheduled during the training:
- counter terrorism scenario
- Humanitarian and Disaster Relief (HADR) operations.