Posted on : 04 Dec 2019Views: 185
- Military contingents from India and China will take part in 8th India-China joint training exercise in Meghalaya this month.
- Titled ‘Hand In Hand 2019’, the theme of the exercise will be “counter terrorism” under United Nations mandate and would be conducted at Umroi in Meghalaya from December 7 to December 20.
- The Chinese contingent from the Tibet military command comprising 130 personnel and the Indian contingent of similar strength will participate in the 14-day long exercise.
- The aim of the exercise is to practice joint planning and conduct of counter terrorist operation in semi urban terrain.
- Two tactical exercises are scheduled during the training:
- counter terrorism scenario
- Humanitarian and Disaster Relief (HADR) operations.
Article Related Questions
The 1857 Uprising was the culmination of the recurrent big and small local rebellions that occured in the preceding hundred years of British Rule. Elucidate (Answer in 150 words) - 2019 Mains