Him Vijay’ Exercise
Posted on : 07 Dec 2019Views: 595
- Indian Army conducted its first ever mountain combat exercise ‘Him Vijay’ in Arunachal Pradesh.
- The exercise is to test the mobility, coordination and communication of the troops in difficult terrain. The exercise is to be conducted in two phases.
- The exercise will include threes battle groups, each comprising of 4,000 soldiers. This is the largest military exercise in the history of Indian defense. The exercise includes mountain assault and air assault as well.
- The exercise is done more than 100 km in the Indian Territory from the Line of Actual Control
- The army helicopters and air force are to transfer the troops and equipment at the terrain up to 15,000 feet.
- The exercise is important for the validation of the Integrated Battle Group (IBG) that was newly raised with new operational concepts.
- The Combat arms of the IBG namely armored, Infantry, Artillery, mechanized infantry will be trained together at one place. Based on the terrain desert, mountain or plains the intelligence team of engineers, signal support, communication supports, supply will be integrated.
Article Related Questions
Which of the following statements are correct about the recently concluded ‘Him Vijay’ Exercise?
1.‘Him Vijay’ is India’s first ever mountain combat exercise and also the largest military exercise in history of Indian Defense.
2.The exercise was important for the validation of the Indian Air force.
3.The exercise was a joint partnership between India and Nepal.
Choose the correct answer:
3.2 and 3 only
4.1, 2 and 3
Right Ans : 1 only