Honey Bee Mission launched by Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC)
Posted on : 17 Jan 2020Views: 627
- 'Honey Mission' was launched by Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) to attain sweet revolution in India.
- It aims to provide beekeepers
- practical training about examination of honeybee colonies
- acquaintance with apicultural equipments
- identification and management of bee enemies and diseases
- honey extraction and wax purification
- management of bee colonies in spring, summer, monsoon, autumn and winter seasons
- Sweet Revolution is a strategic step to emphasize the increase in honey production in the state, which can be a major contributor to doubling the income of the farmers.
- It was launched first in Jharkhand by its state agriculture department to –
- To make Jharkhand state in the category of developed states by 2022.
- Providing employment by connecting the farmers of the state with bee keeping.
- To increase agriculture and horticulture yield and income of farmers.
- To make the state the leading state in the field of honey production.
- Children free from malnutrition.
- Production of quality honey.
Article Related Questions
Consider the following statements regarding Honey Bee Mission
1.It aims to encourage scientific beekeeping practice for enhancing the income of farmers and rural youth.
2.It aims to attain Sweet Revolution in India.
3.It was launched by Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC).
Which of the statements given above are correct?
1.1 and 2 only
2.2 and 3 only
3.1 and 3 only
4.1, 2 and 3
Right Ans : 1, 2 and 3