Human Space Flight Infrastructure Centre by ISRO
Posted on : 08 Jan 2020Views: 339
- With India all set to send its first manned mission into space, a world-class facility for training astronauts will be set up at Challakere in the next three years on the Bengaluru-Pune NH4 in Chitradurga district of Karnataka.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has proposed a 2,700-crore master plan to create top infrastructure that will house its young Human Space Flight Centre (HSFC) which will become the single-stop consolidating infrastructure and activities related to space travelers.
- This facility will help India in the long run as it currently pays considerable amount for training and using such facilities in foreign countries. This is the reason why four astronaut candidates for the first Gaganyaan mission scheduled for 2022 are being sent to Russia.
- Four pilots of the Indian Air Force (IAF) who are in their 30s and early 40s will train at the “Yuri Gagarin Cosmonaut Training Centre” for 15 months as candidates for Gaganyaan.
- Apart from all this work, Challakere will also host work related to crew and service modules of the spacecraft that carries the astronauts and up to mission control.
- Human-focussed infrastructure apart, the ISRO also planned to add a quarantine facility at the second launch pad (SLP) in the Sriharikota space port.
- Challakere, is about 400 km away from Bengaluru, and is home to premier scientific establishments of the country. It is also called the Science City, as it houses facilities of the ISRO, the Defence Research & Development Organisation’s Advanced Aeronautical Test Range, the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre and the Indian Institute of Science.
Article Related Questions
The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has proposed a plan to create top infrastructure that will house its young Human Space Flight Centre (HSFC) in which state of India?
Right Ans : Karnataka