Hydrothermal Carbonisation Technology
Posted on : 01 Jan 2020Views: 1539
- A research team at IIT Kharagpur has developed a technology which can generate energy from solid waste with high moisture content.
- The new technology - Hydro Thermal Carbonization (HTC) - can convert wet municipal solid waste to biofuel, soil amendment and absorbents.
- The moisture in the waste is used to the advantage of the process which uses water for the reaction. The biofuel generated as the recovered output can help curb air pollution.
- The technology can be used by the civic bodies to effectively manage solid waste.
- Once the organic waste is entered into the process, the outputs generated are all usable.
- All outputs can be used for one purpose or the other, including the water which can be converted to biogas or methane.
Article Related Questions
Consider the following statements regarding Hydrothermal Carbonisation Technology
1.It can convert wet municipal solid waste to biofuel, soil amendment, and absorbents.
2.This technology can be used to generate energy from solid waste with low moisture content.
Which of the above statement is/are correct?
3.Both 1 and 2
4.Neither 1 nor 2
Right Ans : 1 only