ICEDASH and ATITIHI
Posted on : 03 Dec 2019Views: 134
- Recently Ministry of Finance launched two new IT initiatives ICEDASH and ATITHI for improved monitoring and pace of Customs clearance of imported goods and facilitating arriving international passengers by electronic filing of Customs baggage and currency declarations
- ICEDASH is an Ease of Doing Business (EoDB) monitoring dashboard of the Indian Customs helping public see the daily Customs clearance times of import cargo at various ports and airports.
- With ICEDASH, Indian Customs has taken a lead globally to provide an effective tool that helps the businesses compare clearance times across ports and plan their logistics accordingly.
- This dashboard has been developed by Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs in collaboration with National Informatics Centre (NIC) and can be accessed through the CBIC website.
- The Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) has launched a new mobile app named “ATITHI” for improved customs clearance.
- It will also facilitate arriving international passengers with e-filing of baggage and currency declarations.
- It is expected to increase the transparency of customs functioning and reduce interface
Article Related Questions
“ICEDASH” and “ATITIHI” initiatives recently launched are related to?
The 1857 Uprising was the culmination of the recurrent big and small local rebellions that occured in the preceding hundred years of British Rule. Elucidate (Answer in 150 words) - 2019 Mains
3.Customs and passenger baggage
4.Twin balance sheet problem
Right Ans : Customs and passenger baggage