India and Sweden relations
Posted on : 09 Jan 2020Views: 111
- The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister has been apprised of the Agreement on cooperation in polar science between Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES), India and Ministry of Education and Research, Sweden.
- India and Sweden are both signatories to the Antarctic Treaty and to the Protocol to the Antarctic Treaty on Environmental Protection.
- Sweden as one of the eight "Arctic States" is one of the Member State in the Arctic Council whereas India has the Observer Status in the Arctic Council.
- Sweden has a vigorous scientific program in the Polar Regions, both in Arctic and Antarctic. India likewise, has sustained scientific research programs in both the Polar Regions as well as in the oceanic realm.
- The collaboration between India and Sweden in polar science will enable sharing of the expertise available with both Countries.
Article Related Questions
Consider the following statements regarding India and Sweden
1.India and Sweden are both signatories to the Antarctic Treaty.
2.India has the Observer Status in the Arctic Council.
Which of the following statement is/are correct?
3.Both 1 and 2
4.Neither 1 nor 2
Right Ans : Both 1 and 2