Indian Cyber Crime Coordination Centre (I4C) Scheme
Posted on : 17 Jan 2020Views: 1055
- Ministry of Home Affairs had rolled out a scheme ‘Indian Cyber Crime Coordination Centre (I4C)’ for the period 2018-2020, to combat cybercrime in the country, in a coordinated and effective manner. The scheme has following seven components:
- National Cybercrime Threat Analytics Unit.
- National Cybercrime Reporting Portal.
- Platform for Joint Cybercrime Investigation Team.
- National Cybercrime Forensic Laboratory Ecosystem.
- National Cybercrime Training Centre.
- Cybercrime Ecosystem Management Unit.
- National Cyber Research and Innovation Centre.
- Police’ and ‘Public order’ are State subjects as per the Constitution of India.
- States/UTs are primarily responsible for prevention, detection, investigation and prosecution of crimes through their law enforcement machinery.
- The Law Enforcement Agencies take legal action as per provisions of the law against the reported cybercrimes.
Article Related Questions
Which one of the following Union Ministries has launched ‘Indian Cyber Crime Coordination Centre (I4C) scheme?
1.Ministry of Defence
2.Ministry of Home Affairs
3.Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
4.Ministry of External Affairs
Right Ans : Ministry of Home Affairs