Indian Cyber Crime Coordination Centre (I4C)
Posted on : 21 Jan 2020Views: 535
- Union Home Minister inaugurated the Indian Cyber Crime Coordination Centre (I4C).
- The I4C is a seven-pronged system, which includes a cybercrime reporting portal, analysis of threats, capacity building, research and innovation, creating an ecosystem for cybercrime management and a joint cybercrime investigation platform for law enforcement agencies.
- The project was approved in October 2018 at an estimated cost of ₹415.86 crore by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA).
- On August 30, the MHA had unveiled its National Cyber Crime Reporting Portal. So far, more than 700 police districts and more than 3,900 police stations have been connected with this portal, the MHA said.
- The portal can boost the capacity of the law enforcement agencies to investigate cases and will improve the success rate of prosecutions
- The portal enables filing of all cybercrimes with specific focus on crimes against women, children, particularly child pornography, child sex abuse material, online content pertaining to rapes/gang rapes.
- The portal will improve coordination amongst the law enforcement agencies of different states, districts and police stations for dealing with cyber crimes in a coordinated and effective manner
- The Home Ministry is committed to provide and create an eco system for dealing with cyber crimes in a comprehensive and coordinated manner
- In future, this portal will feature a chatbot that will offer automated interactive assistance to the public for guidance on cybercrime prevention and how to report incidents on the portal.
Article Related Questions
Consider the following statements regarding Indian Cyber Crime Coordination Centre
1.It has been recently approved by Ministry of Science and Technology
2.The I4C is a seven-pronged system
3.The portal can boost the capacity of the law enforcement agencies to investigate cases
Which of the following statement is/are correct?
1.1 and 2 only
2.2 and 3 only
4.1, 2 and 3
Right Ans : 2 and 3 only