Indian Data Relay Satellite System (IDRSS)
Posted on : 09 Jan 2020Views: 1079
- India plans to ring in its own era of space-to-space tracking and communication of its space assets this year by putting up a new satellite series called the Indian Data Relay Satellite System.
- The IDRSS is planned to track and be constantly in touch with Indian satellites, in particular those in low-earth orbits which have limited coverage of earth.
- In the coming years, it will be vital to Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), whose roadmap is dotted with advanced LEO missions such as space docking, space station, as well as distant expeditions to moon, Mars and Venus.
- The first beneficiary would be the prospective crew members of the Gaganyaan mission of 2022 who can be fully and continuously in touch with mission control throughout their travel.
- While the U.S. is putting up its third-generation advanced fleet of TDRS (Tracking & Data Relay Satellites), Russia has its Satellite Data Relay Network and Europe is building its own European Data Relay System. China is into its second generation Tianlian II series.
Article Related Questions
Consider the following statements regarding Indian Data Relay Satellite System (IDRSS)
1.The IDRSS is planned to track and be constantly in touch with Indian satellites particularly those in geostationary orbit.
2.The first beneficiary would be the prospective crew members of the Gaganyaan mission of 2022.
3.Russia and China has already such kind of system.
Which of the following statement is/are correct?
1.1 and 2 only
3.2 and 3 only
4.1, 2 and 3
Right Ans : 2 and 3 only