Institutions at Gujarat Ayurved University bagged status of Institution of National Importance in India
Posted on : 15 Jan 2020Views: 917
- The Cabinet today approved conferring the status of Institution of National Importance to a cluster of Ayurvedic institutions at Gujarat Ayurved University campus in Jamnagar.
- The elevation of the status of institution will provide it with the autonomy to upgrade the standard of Ayurveda education, frame various courses in Ayurveda as per national and international demand.
- It will help the institute to develop tertiary care in Ayurveda and to secure inter-disciplinary collaborations to give a contemporary thrust to Ayurveda.
- Considering the rapidly growing role of AYUSH Systems in addressing the Public Health challenges of India, conferring the status of National Importance will boost the role and importance of Ayurveda in Public Health.
- The strengthening of Ayurveda will reduce government expenditure on health as Ayurveda is cost-effective because of its preventive and curative approaches. A bill to that effect will be introduced in the ensuing Session of Parliament.
- An Institute of National Importance is one that plays a crucial role in developing skilled people within the state or region.
- These institutes of national importance are often supported by the government and provide high quality of education.
- Only a chosen few belong to this category. The Indian Institutes of Technology form a major group in this list.
Article Related Questions
Recently which institution bagged the status of Institutes of National Importance in India?
1.Ayurvedic institutions at Gujarat Ayurved University campus
2.Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
3.Indian Institute of Science Banglore
4.Tata Institute of Fundamental Research
Right Ans : Ayurvedic institutions at Gujarat Ayurved University campus