Intensified Mission Indradhanush- 2
Posted on : 08 Jan 2020Views: 289
- The second phase of Intensified Mission Indradhanush 2.0 rolled out at block level in 35 districts of Uttar Pradesh.
- The aim of the program launched by central government in 2017 is to achieve 90 percent vaccination coverage in children of less than 2 years in state.
- Under the program the immunization activity will be in four rounds over seven working days excluding the Regular immunisation days, Sundays and holidays. First round was completed in December last year while present round started on 6th January. Next rounds will be in February and March months and will cover 425 blocks of 73 districts of state.
- Under the program around 66 thousand sessions will be organized for vaccination of more than 5.5 lakh children and around 1.3 lakh pregnant women of state.
- Prior to the launch of program a detail of all children under age of 2 who were left during earlier vaccination drives were collected will the help of Asha workers.
- There will be an enhanced focus on left-outs, dropouts, and resistant families and hard to reach areas, focus on urban, under served population and tribal areas.
- In Bihar Mission Indradhanush 2.0 has been launched for covering low immunization pocket of state. The extensive immunization will cover children upto 2 years of age and all pregnant women.
- Enhanced immunization session with flexible timing, mobile session and mobilization by other departments. The focus of immunization is on urban, underserved population and tribal areas. Intensified Mission Indradhanush will be conducted till March 2020.
Article Related Questions
Consider the following statements regarding Intensified Mission Indradhanush- 2
1.It is been rolled out pan India.
2.Target of the program is to achieve 90 percent vaccination coverage in children of less than 2 years in state.
Which of the following statement is/are correct?
3.Both 1 and 2
4.Neither 1 nor 2
Right Ans : 2 only