Intensified Mission Indradhanush 2.0
Posted on : 04 Dec 2019Views: 656
- Intensified Mission Indradhanush 2.0 to be launched across the country today.
- The government's flagship scheme is aimed at immunizing children under the age of 2 years and pregnant women against eight vaccine preventable diseases.
- The IMI covers vaccines for diphtheria, whooping cough, tetanus, poliomyelitis, tuberculosis, measles, meningitis and Hepatitis B. Vaccines for Japanese encephalitis and hemophilus influenzal are also being provided in selected areas.
- The IMI 2.0 aims to achieve targets of full immunization coverage in 272 districts spread over 27 States. The IMI 2.0 will be carried out between December 2019 and March 2020.
- The IMI was built on Mission Indradhanush, using additional strategies to reach populations at high risk, by involving sectors other than health. It was an effort to shift routine immunization into a people’s movement.
- The Intensified Mission Indradhanush will roll out in 35 districts of Uttar Pradesh.
Article Related Questions
Conisder the following statements regarding Intensified Mission Indradhanush 2.0
1.Intensified Mission Indradhanush 2.0 aims to achieve at least 90% pan-India immunisation coverage by 2022.
2.The government's flagship scheme is aimed at immunizing children under the age of 2 years and pregnant women against eight vaccine preventable diseases.
3.Under IMI, greater focus has been given on rural areas which were one of the gaps of Mission Indradhanush.
Which of the above statement is/are correct?
1.1 and 2 only
2.2 and 3 only
3.1 and 3 only
4.1, 2 and 3
Right Ans : 1 and 2 only