Posted on : 24 Dec 2019Views: 184
- Odisha Chief Minister launched the 'Jalsathi' programme which will ensure supply of safe drinking water to all households in the state.
- For implementation of the 'Jalsathi' programme, the Water Corporation of Odisha (WATCO) and women federations in Bhubaneswar Wednesday signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU).
- Under the 'Jalsathi' programme, about 5,000 women will be engaged for supplying safe drinking water.
- The 'Jalasathis' will act as links between consumers and the Public Health Engineering Organisation (PHEO) or WATCO.
- They 'Jalasathis' will be responsible for water quality testing, facilitating new water connections, regularising connections, reassessment of demands, meter reading, bill generation, bill delivery, collection of water charges and facilitating complaints redressal.
Article Related Questions
'Jalsathi' programme which will ensure supply of safe drinking water to all households is launched by which state?
The 1857 Uprising was the culmination of the recurrent big and small local rebellions that occured in the preceding hundred years of British Rule. Elucidate (Answer in 150 words) - 2019 Mains
Right Ans : Odisha