KALIA scheme by the Odisha government
Posted on : 19 Dec 2019Views: 101
- Proposed by the Government of Odisha, KALIA scheme brings under its umbrella 92% of cultivators of the state and almost all needy landless cultivators, who can avail the benefits of this scheme through Direct Benefit Transfer Mode.
- Financing agriculture and insuring the cultivators is essential to eradicate poverty and to boost shared prosperity.
- Through the implementation of Krushak Assistance for Livelihood and Income Augmentation - KALIA Scheme, the State Government aims to lend farmers with an all-inclusive and flexible support system, ensuring accelerated agricultural prosperity.
- At the heart of a progressive scheme like KALIA lies the motivation to empower the farmers of the state with finance options that will enable the growth and development of agriculture in Odisha.
- Financial assistance of Rs.25,000/- per farm family over five seasons will be provided to small and marginal farmers so that farmers can purchase inputs like seeds, fertilizers, pesticides and use assistance towards labour and other investments.
- Financial Assistance of Rs.12,500/-will be provided to each landless Agricultural Household for Agricultural allied activities like for small goat rearing unit, mini-layer unit, duckery units, fishery kits for fisherman, mushroom cultivation and bee-keeping, etc. This will particularly benefit to SC & ST population of the State.
- Vulnerable cultivators/landless agricultural laborers will get financial assistance of Rs. 10,000/- per family per year to enable them to take care of their sustenance. The vulnerable cultivator/landless Agricultural Laborers who are in old age, having disability/ disease and are vulnerable for any other reason.
- Life insurance covers of Rs. 2.00 lakh at a very nominal premium of Rs.330/- will be provided to all savings bank account holder of age between 18-50 years.
- Vulnerable landless laborers, cultivators, share croppers and agricultural families identified by Gram Panchayats will be provided with cop loans up to Rs 50,000 made available at 0% interest.
Article Related Questions
Consider the following statements regarding “KALIA scheme” which has been recently in news.
1.Scheme is been started by the Odisha government
2.Financial assistance of Rs.25, 000/- per farm family over five seasons will be provided to small and marginal farmers.
3.Life insurance cover of Rs. 2.00 lakh at a very nominal premium of Rs.330/- will be provided to all savings bank account holder of age between 18-50 years.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
The 1857 Uprising was the culmination of the recurrent big and small local rebellions that occured in the preceding hundred years of British Rule. Elucidate (Answer in 150 words) - 2019 Mains
1.1 and 3 only
3.2 and 3 only
4.1, 2 and 3 only
Right Ans : 1, 2 and 3 only