Posted on : 10 Jan 2020Views: 103
- Kondapalli Toys are the toys made of wood in Kondapalli of Krishna district, a village nearby Vijayawada in the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh.
- It was registered as one of the geographical indication handicraft from Andhra Pradesh as per Geographical Indications of Goods (Registration and Protection) Act, 1999.
- These toys were one of the variety of toys assembled in the houses during the festivals of Sankranti and Navratri and is referred as Bommala Koluvu.
- The Kondapalli toys are made from soft wood known as Tella Poniki which is found in nearby Kondapalli Hills.
- The wood is first carved out and then the edges are smooth finished.
- The later step involves coloring with either oil or water-colours or vegetable dyes and enamel paints are applied based on the type of the toys.
Article Related Questions
Kondapalli toys are cultural icons of which of the following states?
The 1857 Uprising was the culmination of the recurrent big and small local rebellions that occured in the preceding hundred years of British Rule. Elucidate (Answer in 150 words) - 2019 Mains
Right Ans : Andhra Pradesh