Krishi Karman Awards
Posted on : 03 Jan 2020Views: 251
- The Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will distribute Krishi Karman Awards and Commendation Awards to states at a public meeting in Tumkur Karnataka.
- He will also give away Agriculture Minister’s Krishi Karman Awards for Progressive Farmers.
- The event will also witness the release of the 3rd installment of PM Kisan (Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi) of Rs 2000 for the period December 2019-March 2020.
- At the same event, Prime Minister will also handover the Keys of Deep Sea fishing Vessels and Fishing Vessel Transponders to select farmers of Tamil Nadu.
About Krishi Karman Awards:
- These awards were instituted in 2010-11 for recognising the meritorious efforts of the states in food grains production.
- Krishi Karman awards are given to Best performer States for raising country’s food grain production.
- The awards are given to the best performing States in two broad sets. One for total food grains production and the other for individual food grain crops of Rice, Wheat, Pulses and Coarse Cereals.
- Each award winning State gets a trophy, a citation and a cash award of Rs. 2 crore.
- For individual crops of Rice, Wheat, Pulses and Coarse Cereals, award winning States get a trophy, a citation and a cash award of Rs. 1 crore.
Article Related Questions
Consider the following statements regarding Krishi Karman Awards
1.The award is given by Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
2.The awards are given to Best performer States for raising country’s food grain production.
Which of the following statements is/are correct?
3.Both 1 and 2
4.Neither 1 nor 2
Right Ans : 2 only