Magadha Burrowing Frog
Posted on : 10 Jan 2020Views: 379
- The frog was first discovered in 2015.
- Its existence was verified and confirmed recently and published in the journal Records of the Zoological Survey of India.
- The frog is endemic to agricultural areas in Nawadih and Joungi village of Jharkhand’s Koderma district.
- It has been named as Spahaerotheca Magadha and will be known by the common name of ‘Magadha Burrowing Frog’.
- The discovery points to the fact that new species of frogs can still be found even in the ‘Central Indian Landscape’ other than the Western Ghats and the Northeast, where most discoveries are currently taking place.
Article Related Questions
Magadha Burrowing Frog has been confirmed in which one of the following states of India?
Right Ans : Jharkhand