MANI application by Reserve Bank of India
Posted on : 03 Jan 2020Views: 432
- Reserve Bank of India, RBI has launched a mobile app, MANI, Mobile Aided Note Identifier, to help visually challenged people to identify denomination of currency notes.
- RBI said that the visually challenged can identify the denomination of a note by using the application, which can also work offline once it is installed.
- Through the downloaded app, users can scan the notes using the camera. The audio output will give the result in Hindi and English.
- The central bank has introduced several currency notes, under 'Mahatma Gandhi Series', with significant changes in the sizes and designs after the demonetization in November 2016.
- The RBI also said the app does not authenticate a note as either genuine or counterfeit.
Article Related Questions
With reference to MANI application, consider the following statements
1.It is launched by National Informatics Centre.
2.It aims to help visually challenged people to identify denomination of currency notes.
3.The audio output will give the result in all the regional languages.
Select the correct answer using the codes given below
1.1 and 2 only
4.1, 2 and 3
Right Ans : 2 only