Posted on : 06 Dec 2019Views: 844
- The Multidisciplinary drifting Observatory for the Study of Arctic Climate expedition is a one-year-long expedition into the Central Arctic, planned to take place from 2019 to 2020.
- For the first time a modern research icebreaker will operate in the direct vicinity of the North Pole year round, including the nearly half year long polar night during winter.
- During its one-year-long journey, the central expedition ship, the research icebreaker Polarstern from Germany's Alfred Wegener Institute, Helmholtz Centre for Polar and Marine Research (AWI), will be supported and resupplied by the icebreakers Akademik Fedorov and Admiral Makarov (Russia), Oden (Sweden) and Xue Long II (China).
- The results of MOSAiC mission will contribute to enhance understanding of the regional and global consequences of Arctic climate change.
- It will be helpful in understanding the reasons behind the sea-ice loss and improve weather and climate predictions.
Article Related Questions
Consider the following statements regarding “MOSAIC Mission”
1.The mission is launched by NASA
2.Objective of the mission is to find rare earth minerals beneath Earth’s surface
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
3.Both 1 and 2
4.Neither 1 nor 2
Right Ans : Neither 1 nor 2