Muppavarapu Venkaiah Naidu National Awards
With reference to Muppavarapu Venkaiah Naidu National Awards, consider the following statements
1.M.S. Swaminathan was awarded for his distinguished contributions to the field of agriculture.
2.Dr G Muniratnam, was awarded for his extraordinary contribution in improving quality of people’s lives through social service.
Which of the following statement is/are correct?
3.Both 1 and 2
4.Neither 1 nor 2
- Eminent Agricultural Scientist Dr M S Swaminathan and well-known social worker, Dr. Gutta Muniratnam were respectively chosen as the first recipients of ‘Muppavarapu Venkaiah Naidu National Award for Excellence’ and ‘Muppavarapu National Award for Social Service’’
- The National Award for Excellence was instituted by the Muppavarapu Foundation, while the one for Social Service was launched by the Swarna Bharat Trust, in Hyderabad on 9th January, 2020.
- Prof. M.S. Swaminathan was awarded for his distinguished contributions to the field of agriculture while Dr G Muniratnam, was awarded for his extraordinary contribution in improving quality of people’s lives through social service.
- A plant geneticist by training, Professor Swaminathan's contributions to the agricultural renaissance of India have led to his being widely referred to as the scientific leader of the green revolution movement.
- Dr Muniratnam is Founder Secretary of Tirupati -based Rashtriya Seva Samiti and an exemplary social worker. He dedicated his life to the cause of transforming rural India by empowering people.
- The announcement on the awards was made during the 10th Anniversary Celebrations of Muppavarapu Foundation and Sankranthi Sambaralu (festivities) organized in Hyderabad.
- Each award carries a cash prize of Rupees Five Lakh and citation.