NASA’s Artemis mission
Posted on : 18 Feb 2020Views: 212
- This cohort of new astronauts may be assigned to space missions to the International Space Station (ISS), the Moon and ultimately, Mars.
- The agency has targeted the human exploration of Mars by the 2030s.
- Raja Chari was selected by NASA to join the 2017 Astronaut Candidate Class.
- NASA wants to send the first woman and the next man to the Moon by the year 2024, which it plans on doing through the Artemis lunar exploration program.
- With the Artemis program, NASA wishes to demonstrate new technologies, capabilities and business approaches that will ultimately be needed for the future exploration of Mars.
- For the Artemis program, NASA’s new rocket called the Space Launch System (SLS) will send astronauts aboard the Orion spacecraft a quarter of a million miles away from Earth to the lunar orbit.
- Once astronauts dock Orion at the Gateway — which is a small spaceship in orbit around the moon — the astronauts will be able to live and work around the Moon, and from the spaceship, astronauts will take expeditions to the surface of the Moon.
- The astronauts going for the Artemis program will wear newly designed spacesuits, called Exploration Extravehicular Mobility Unit, or xEMU.
- These spacesuits feature advanced mobility and communications and interchangeable parts that can be configured for spacewalks in microgravity or on a planetary surface.
Article Related Questions
“Artemis mission” is been launched by?
1.Canadian Space Agency
Right Ans : NASA