National Disaster Response Force (NDRF)
Posted on : 24 Jan 2020Views: 552
- The National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) is a specialised force constituted "for the purpose of specialist response to a threatening disaster situation or disaster" under the Disaster Management Act, 2005.
- The responsibility of managing disasters India is that of the State Government. The ‘Nodal Ministry’ in the central government for management of natural disasters is the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA).
- National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) is under the National Disaster Management Authority.
- National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) is a force of 12 battalions, organised on para-military lines, and manned by persons on deputation from the para-military forces of India: three each from the BSF and CRPF and two each from CISF, ITBP and SSB.
- NDRF in addition to being able to respond to natural disasters has four battalions capable of responding to radiological, nuclear, biological and chemical disasters.
- The Apex Body for Disaster Management in India is the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA). The Chairman of the NDMA is the Prime Minister.
Article Related Questions
Consider the following statements regarding National Disaster Response Force
1.NDRF is a specialised force constituted under the Disaster Management Act, 2005.
2.The Chairman of the National Disaster Management Authority is the Home minister.
3.The responsibility of managing disasters in India is that of the central Government.
Which of the following statement is/are correct?
1.1 and 2 only
4.1, 2 and 3
Right Ans : 1 only