National Energy Conservation day
Posted on : 16 Dec 2019Views: 855
- Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE), under the guidance of Ministry of Power, Government of India, organised the 29th National Energy Conservation Awards.
- This year, Energy Conservation is celebrated through a weeklong activities culminating on the National Energy Conservation Day i.e. 14th December at Vigyan Bhawan.
- On the occasion, Star Labelling Programme for Solar Water Heater was launched to promote use of efficient appliances.
About Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE)
- BEE is a statutory body under Ministry of Power which is mandated to implement policy and programmes in energy efficiency and conservation.
- The objective of such initiatives is to reduce energy intensity in our country by optimizing energy demand and reduce emissions of greenhouse gases (GHG) which are responsible for global warming and climate change.
Article Related Questions
With reference to Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE), consider the following statements
1.BEE is a statutory body under Ministry of new and renewable energy
2.The objective is to reduce energy intensity in the country by optimizing energy demand and reduce emissions of greenhouse gases (GHG)
Which of the following statement is/are correct?
3.Both 1 and 2
4.Neither 1 nor 2
Right Ans : 2 only