National Youth Day
Posted on : 16 Jan 2020Views: 305
- National Youth Day is celebrated on 12 January being the birthday of Swami Vivekananda.
- In 1984 the Government of India declared this day as National Youth Day and since from 1985 the event is celebrated in India every year.
- The National Youth Day was celebrated at Ramakrishna Math marking the 158th birthday of Swami Vivekananda.
- The Government of India quoted that ' the philosophy of Swamiji and the ideals for which he lived and worked could be a great source of inspiration for the Indian Youth Day.
- The aim of the celebrations is to spread the message of strength, fearlessness, sacrifice, character-building and excellence among youth.
- Swami Vivekananda propounded the importance of Education in building a nation. He believed that education was the primary means to empowering people. He specially emphasized on education being relevant to the common masses.
- On his 150th Birth Anniversary, the Indian Government sanctioned a "Value Education Project" of the Ramakrishna Mission.
- Ramakrishna Mission is an organization established by Swami Vivekananda which works in the area of value based education, culture, health, women's empowerment, youth and tribal welfare and relief and rehabilitation.
- The 'Value Education Project' aims to inculcate moral values in students and provide them a decision making framework for life.
- CBSE, in 2019, proposed to introduce the Value Education Programme in its affiliated schools for students of classes 6, 7, and 8 (or 7, 8, and 9).
Article Related Questions
With reference to National Youth Day consider the following statements
1.It is celebrated on birthday of Swami Vivekananda.
2.The aim of the celebrations is to spread awareness about sports in the country.
Which of the following statement is/are correct?
3.Both 1 and 2
4.Neither 1 nor 2
Right Ans : 1 only