North Atlantic Treaty Organization
Posted on : 13 Jan 2020Views: 294
- NATO is an alliance of 28 countries bordering the North Atlantic Ocean.
- It includes the United States, most European Union members, Canada, and Turkey.
- NATO is an acronym for the North Atlantic Treaty Organization.
- The United States contributes three-fourths of NATO's budget.
- NATO's mission is to protect the freedom of its members. Its targets include weapons of mass destruction, terrorism, and cyber-attacks.
- If the stability is threatened, NATO would defend non-members.
- NATO's headquarters are located in Haren, Brussels, Belgium.
- Each member designates an ambassador to NATO.
- The founding members of NATO signed the North Atlantic Treaty on April 4, 1949.
- It worked in conjunction with the United Nations, the World Bank, and the International Monetary Fund.
- NATO's primary purpose was to defend member nations from threats by communist countries.
Article Related Questions
With reference to NATO, consider the following statements
1.India is the founding member of NATO
2.Each member designates an ambassador to NATO.
3.NATO's primary purpose was to defend member nations from threats by communist countries.
Which of the following statement is/are correct?
1.1 and 2 only
2.2 and 3 only
3.1 and 3 only
4.1, 2 and 3
Right Ans : 2 and 3 only