Operation Sankalp in the Persian Gulf and the Gulf of Oman
Posted on : 09 Jan 2020Views: 543
- Indian Navy launched Operation Sankalp in the Persian Gulf and the Gulf of Oman to reassure Indian flagged vessels transiting through the area following the recent maritime incidents in the region.
- INS Chennai and INS Sunayna have been deployed in the region to undertake maritime security operations. In addition, aerial surveillance in the area is also being done by IN aircraft.
- The Information Fusion Centre - Indian Ocean Region of the Indian Navy is also keeping a close watch on the movement of ships in the Gulf region.
- The operation has been launched in the wake of escalating tension in the Gulf of Oman, where two oil tankers were attacked last week.
- The incident has since heightened tensions between Tehran and Washington. It remains unclear who was responsible for the attacks but the United States has put the blame on Iran, which, in turn, has denied the allegations.
- The operation is being progressed in close coordination with all stakeholders including Ministry of Defence, Ministry of External Affairs, Ministry of Shipping, Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
- Indian Navy continues to monitor the situation in the Gulf region and is maintaining presence in the region to ensure security of our sea borne trade and the safety of Indian Flag Merchant Vessels transiting through the region.
Article Related Questions
Consider the following statements regarding Operation Sankalp
1.It was launched by Indian Army.
2.The operation has been launched in the wake of escalating tension in the Gulf of Oman.
Which of the following statement is/are correct?
3.Both 1 and 2
4.Neither 1 nor 2
Right Ans : 2 only