Posted on : 05 Dec 2019Views: 294
- It has also been dubbed the hug hormone, cuddle chemical, moral molecule, and the bliss hormone due to its effects on behavior, including its role in love and in female reproductive biological functions in reproduction.
- It is a hormone that is made in the brain, in the hypothalamus. It is transported to, and secreted by, the pituitary gland, which is located at the base of the brain.
- It acts both as a hormone and as a brain neurotransmitter.
- The release of oxytocin by the pituitary gland acts to regulate two female reproductive functions: Childbirth and Breast-feeding.
- It induces contractions of the uterine muscles and initiates labour for the child birth.
Article Related Questions
Oxytocine harmone is secreted by which gland?
4.None of these
Right Ans : None of these